Protecting your privacy is our priority, and all of your records are kept strictly confidential.
Every individual treated at one of our facilities has a health record that contains documents such as reports from care providers, test results and pharmacy information. Clients of the First Nations Health Benefits program have a record held by the Health Benefits team in order to process claims.
We collect, use and disclose your information only where permitted or authorized to under the
BC Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
For the purpose of delivering health services, or processing health benefits claims, only our authorized health professionals and Health Benefits staff may collect, use and share your personal information. They may use and share your information for the following purposes:
· For your immediate and ongoing care· To maintain contact with you· To help improve your quality of care and services· To assess, validate, and adjudicate the health benefits claims· For research purposes, if authorized and permitted by law· For teaching and education purposes (e.g. training doctors and nurses)· To understand your eligibility for benefits and services and to arrange payment· To create an electronic patient and or client record
· For your immediate and ongoing care
· To maintain contact with you
· To help improve your quality of care and services
· To assess, validate, and adjudicate the health benefits claims
· For research purposes, if authorized and permitted by law
· For teaching and education purposes (e.g. training doctors and nurses)
· To understand your eligibility for benefits and services and to arrange payment
· To create an electronic patient and or client record
Your personal information may also be disclosed to other authorized individuals as required by law (e.g. to respond to a court order) or under a specific statute (e.g. the
Coroner's Act or
Adult Guardianship Act).
Is my information secure?
The security of your information is important to both you and us—we use a variety of safeguards to protect your electronic information including encryption, passwords and access audits. The more sensitive the information, the more protected it is.
If you have further questions about your personal information at FNHA, please contact the Information Privacy Office.
How do I request my information?
Request Health Records and Health Benefits Records page for more information about your health records and health benefits claims records.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, contact the
The Information Privacy Office can answer your questions about how we collect, use, share, disclose and store your personal information when you receive treatment or access our services.
First Nations Health Authority
Information Privacy Office
#320, 757 W. Hastings St.
Vancouver, BC V6C 1A1
Toll Free 1-844-364-7748
Find more information about how health benefits uses your information
Request Health Records
Corporate and Community Records
There was an error subscribing you. Please try again later.
The email address you entered doesn't appear to be valid. Please try again.
You are now subscribed!