Panorama and First Nations Health Service Organizations
Welcome to Panorama – a system that is already helping to improve the health of BC First Nations.
Panorama is an integrated, electronic public health record that supports the management of communicable diseases, outbreaks, immunizations and inventory. Just as important, Panorama is developing capacity by BC First Nations to take control of their electronic health data.
Several BC First Nations Health Service Organizations (FNHSO) have completed the necessary steps to begin using Panorama. Already the use of Panorama by FNHSOs, and their support for nurses using Panorama in health centres, has significantly improved health outcomes for First Nations people. Panorama has dissolved jurisdiction-related barriers that work against quality health care.
Current users of Panorama say that instant access to information allows them to perform their jobs better and focus more on client care.
• Inventory management for vaccines• Immunization program (i.e. tracking of client's immunization services and forecasting)• Family Health programs (e.g. maternal/child birth events and assessments; early childhood assessments)• Communicable disease management• Outbreak surveillance and management
• Inventory management for vaccines
• Immunization program (i.e. tracking of client's immunization services and forecasting)
• Family Health programs (e.g. maternal/child birth events and assessments; early childhood assessments)
• Communicable disease management
• Outbreak surveillance and management
The First Nations Panorama Implementation Project (FNPIP) was honoured with the 2014 CHIA National Award (http://www.coachorg.com/en/professionaldevelopment/Innovation-in-the-Adoption-of-Health-Informatics.asp)
Photo – FNPIP 2014 CHIA Award - FNPIP honoured with the 2014 CHIA Award for Innovation in the Adoption of Health Informatics
BC First Nations Panorama Support Site (https://fnpip-public.sharepoint.com)
This website offers information on Panorama user support and Panorama user training. You'll also find contact information to reach the First Nations Panorama Support Team.
If you have questions about access to Panorama for First Nations health organizations please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Combined ~65 users; providing services to ~66 FNs
o ~35 additional users; providing services to ~30 additional FNs
o FNHSOs also using Mustimuhw are commencing CLIENT and IMMS “data exchange” o 10 FNHSOs are actively exchanging data, 4 FNHSOs are in progress to commence exchanging data
FNHA Nursing Services
Comparisons: Panorama, cEMR, and EMR
A comparison table of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) "Panorama", a Community Electronic Medical Record (cEMR), and an Electronic Medical Record (EMR):
LOCAL LEVEL PUBLIC HEALTH
There was an error subscribing you. Please try again later.
The email address you entered doesn't appear to be valid. Please try again.
You are now subscribed!