The FNHA is pleased to announce the next round of Winter Wellness Grants!
Organizations, schools and agencies that are engaged in direct health service delivery to BC First Nations and/or Aboriginal people may be eligible for funding to host a Community-Driven Winter Wellness event or initiative. To be eligible, the event or initiative must be held between January 1st – February 18th, 2018. The deadline for applications is October 27, 2017.
**If you have received Day of Wellness and/or Winter Wellness grant funds in the past, previous closing reports must be submitted before applying for new funds.
The First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) envisions healthy, self-determining and vibrant BC First Nations children, families and communities playing an active role in decision-making regarding their personal and collective wellness. In line with our Directive #1 - Community-Driven, Nation-Based, the FNHA is encouraging First Nations to create their own health event or initiative!
The 2017-2018 theme is "Togetherness". This is the time of the year where coming together is important for us as individuals and as a community. Here at the FNHA we want Wellness events and initiatives to include a gathering aspect so that participants are encouraged to celebrate wellness by bringing people, families and communities together. It is our wish to see the Winter Wellness events sustaining wellness in our communities by starting the year in a good way.
Applications will be weighed against the following criteria:
• Includes a coming together/gathering aspect that participants can implement within their lifestyle/community• Event or initiative that focuses on one or more of the FNHA Wellness Streams• BC First Nations community-based applications (single or multiple)• Applications where collaboration or partnership with other communities are possible and demonstrated at the regional, or sub-regional level• Fairness and equity within and across the five regions
• Includes a coming together/gathering aspect that participants can implement within their lifestyle/community
• Event or initiative that focuses on one or more of the FNHA Wellness Streams
• BC First Nations community-based applications (single or multiple)
• Applications where collaboration or partnership with other communities are possible and demonstrated at the regional, or sub-regional level
• Fairness and equity within and across the five regions
Samples of FNHA Wellness Streamed initiatives and events:
To apply for a grant, please complete this application. Funds may be used for any required costs necessary to carry out the event or initiative (with the exception of purchasing assets or infrastructure). Only fully completed application forms will be considered.
Applications can be submitted via email, fax or online link no later than October 27, 2017.
Please Note: If the application is being sent via fax, please call the phone number below and leave a message to let us know it has been sent. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the fax is sent and received.
Fax: (604) 913-2081
There was an error subscribing you. Please try again later.
The email address you entered doesn't appear to be valid. Please try again.
You are now subscribed!