If you would like to deliver services to FNHA clients, please first review the
Mental Health Benefit page and familiarize yourself with Health Benefits’ mental health programs.
To be eligible to provide mental health services to Health Benefits clients, you must be registered in good standing with one of the following professional bodies:
• The BC Association of Clinical Counsellors• The BC College of Social Workers• The Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association• The College of Psychologists of BC
You must also agree to complete the
San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training (Core Health or Core Mental Health) run by the Provincial Health Services Authority within one year of your confirmation of registration. If you require assistance with the Indigenous Cultural Safety program, please contact
To register, please email a completed copy of the
Mental Health Provider Agreement Overview and Form to
email@example.com. Please carefully review the instructions and make sure you attach all necessary appendices to your application package. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Once you are registered with the Health Benefits Program as a mental health provider, you can begin seeing Health Benefits clients.
1. A client will contact you to set up an appointment.
2. All counselling sessions must be approved in advance by Health Benefits. Before your initial session, you must submit a
Mental Health Counselling Prior Approval Form to Health Benefits to determine if a client is eligible for coverage.
3. If the client is eligible for coverage, you will receive a letter indicating the number of counselling hours approved for that request. If the client needs additional hours beyond what has been approved, you can submit a new Prior Approval form to request more hours. You can begin to meet with and deliver counselling sessions as appropriate.
4. You must bill the Health Benefits Program directly using the
Mental Health Counselling Invoice Form. Please note that each appointment indicated on the invoice must be signed by the client. Only services rendered will be paid.
Sign up for direct deposit by submitting the
Direct Deposit Form with a void cheque to
firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise you will receive payment by cheque.
For assistance with prior approvals and invoices, or other client-related matters, email
email@example.com, call 1-877-477-0775, or use the Health Benefits confidential fax at 1-604-658-2833. Please do not include clients’ names or identifying information in emails.
Health Benefits aims to ensure regular ongoing communication with registered mental health providers. If any of your information changes, please inform Health Benefits of the change. Please send updates to
For assistance with prior approvals and invoices, or other client-related matters, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-877-477-0775, or use the Health Benefits confidential fax at 1-604-658-2833. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, mental health providers are temporarily permitted to submit Prior Approval forms and invoices via email to email@example.com.
Pacific Blue Cross Providernet
For these forms, please follow the instructions listed on each form.
Mental Health Provider Agreement Overview and Form Mental Health Counselling Prior Approval FormMental Health Counselling Invoice Form
Direct Deposit Form (Optional) – Please submit this form with a void cheque. Appointment Confirmation and Private Vehicle Reimbursement Form (For IRS RHSP and MMIWG HSS programs only; for MWCP travel please see the
Medical Transportation page.)