Health Benefits Reimbursements

About Reimbursements
Dental, Vision, Medical Supplies and Equipment
Medical Transportation
Coordination of B​​enefits

​​​​​​​​​​​About Reim​bursements

If you paid out-of-pocket for an item, service, or travel that is covered by Health Benefits, you can request reimbursement. 

To be reimbursed, you must meet the criteria for the item, service, or travel you received. If your request is approved, you will be reimbursed up to the maximum your plan allows. For how check your coverage, see the related benefit on the Health Benefits Guide page. 

Dental, Visio​n, Medic​​al Supplies and Equipment 

Submit reimbursement requests for dental, vision care and medical supplies and equipment items and services to Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) within one year of the purchase date.

Use your PBC Membe​r Profile to submit a claim for reimbursement online or through the PBC app. This is the fastest and easiest way to request reimbursement. Watch the PBC video to learn how to submit a claim online.

Alternatively, you can mail reimbursement requests to PBC using the completed PBC reimbursement form and including all original receipts. This option takes longer than going online or using the PBC app. 

Pacific Blue Cross
PO Box 7000
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E1​

Medical Trans​​portation

Submit requests for reimbursement for medical transportation to your Patient Travel Clerk.

If you do not have a Patient Travel Clerk, please send your request for reimbursement to Health Benefits by mail or fax within one year from the date of purchase.

Send in a completed FNHA Client Reimbursement Request Form with all your original receipts. If your travel was not pre-approved, please also send a completed Medical Transportation Request form


Call Health Benefits (1-855-550-5454) to find out where to submit your request. 

If you are sending your requests to Health Benefits, submit the Health Benefits Client Reimbursement Form along with all original receipts to Health Benefits by mail or fax.

Out-of-Province​ ​PharmaCare Plan W

If you filled a prescription at a pharmacy in another province or a territory outside of BC, you will need to fill out a Pharmacare First Nations Health Benefits Out-of-Province Claim. Mail or fax the completed form with all original receipts to BC PharmaCare.

PO Box 9655 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9P2
Fax: 250 405-3587

If you are denied reimbursement for a Plan W item by Pharmacare, you may be reimbursed by Health Benefits. Call Health Benefits at 1-855-550-5454.

Coordinatio​​n of B​​enefits

If you have coverage under another public or private health insurance plan, you should submit claims to that plan first and to Health Benefits second. One exception is the pharmacy benefit, where claims should be submitted to PharmaCare first.​​​

Skip Navigation>Benefits>Reimbursements